2nd Annual Classroom Supplies Garage Sale
Ok, so it’s not actually in a garage…but anyway, here’s the skinny:
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2015
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Place: Linn Area Credit Union, Business Center (entrance in back of building)
3015 Blairs Ferry Rd NE, Cedar Rapids
Do you have some “gently loved” classroom supplies you want to sell or would you like to purchase some cool materials for next year at great prices? Come on down to the 2nd Annual Classroom Supplies Garage Sale where teachers can buy/sell personally purchased (not supplied by the school district) classroom supplies from other teachers in the community!
Items for sale include: race car themed classroom decor, educational games, holiday items, borders, small pocket charts, ocean themed lesson packet, various art supplies…and much more!
That’s right! You can register to “rent” a table (free of charge) or just show up with some cash and be ready to find some gems for your classroom!
Interested in “renting” a table? Here’s what you need to know:
• There is NO CHARGE to rent a table.
• One 5 foot long table will be supplied to each seller.
• You must be a teacher to register for a table.
• Only those who pre-register for a table will be allowed to sell their items.
• Setup will be available the day before.
• Location will be first come, first served the day of the sale.
• Tables cannot be reserved.
• Sellers are responsible for getting items from their vehicle to the booth.
• We will have a couple of carts available for everyone to share.
• All items are to be priced by the seller. The seller retains 100% of the proceeds.
• Sellers are responsible for bringing money to make change for shoppers at their booth.
• It is recommended you bring some plastic shopping bags for shoppers to use when they purchase from your booth.
• Only items that can be used in a classroom setting are allowed (ie, paper, markers, glue sticks, markers, worksheets, plans, games, books, decor, file folders, etc).
• IMPORTANT: Only supplies that were personally purchased by you (and not provided by the school district) are allowed to be sold.
After the sale:
• Items that did not sell may be donated to The Teacher Store. Volunteers will be available after the sale to select from items you would like to donate.
• Please box up any remaining items from your booth and take them with you after the sale. Do not leave any materials at the library.
If you would like to register for a table:
• Contact Lori Vana at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 892-7361 by July 27th. Register early as space is limited!
If you would like to volunteer to help out the day of the sale:
• Contact Lori Vana at email@example.com or (319) 892-7361.