Linn Area Credit Union’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
There is no higher priority for Linn Area Credit Union than the safety of our employees and members, and our ability to serve you. We are monitoring the potential impact related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and are committed to supporting our members through these uncertain events.
As part of our emergency response plan, we have taken many measures to protect our employees, our members, our families, and our communities, including:
- NEW – Offering Skip-a-Pay at no charge to provide immediate relief to members with certain loans. Learn more >>
- NEW – Instituting forbearance (payment postponement) options for residential mortgages to assist those struggling with mortgage payment(s). Credit history, specific qualifications, and conditions apply. Please contact our Credit Solutions team at (319) 892-7577 during normal business hours for more details.
- NEW – By appointment only, members may be escorted into a branch to access a safe deposit box or meet with a mortgage loan specialist or financial counselor. For the safety of our staff, we are not admitting any members who appear ill with cold or flu-like symptoms. (We appreciate your understanding!)
- NEW – We are no longer accepting large coin deposits through the drive-up windows.
- Offering drive-thru service only at all branches beginning on March 18, 2020.
- Closing Business Center areas to the public.
- Cancelling or postponing non-essential meetings or gatherings of our staff.
- Cancelling planned staff business travel to non-essential conferences or meetings.
- Employing “social distancing” measures with staff to reduce exposure and equipping staff where possible with equipment and training to work remotely if needed.
- Providing hand sanitizer at each teller station for member’s use.
- Providing new pens to members which they may keep if they are using a pen when conducting transactions at our branches.
- Heightening our internal cleaning protocol to keep our branches as sanitary as possible, especially in high-touch areas.
- Educating all staff on measures for practicing good hygiene as outlined by the CDC.
- Continuing to monitor communications from the CDC and Iowa Dept of Public Health.
- Outlining plans for the continuation of our processes and operations to ensure that Linn Area Credit Union can maintain our critical functions to meet your needs.
Take advantage of our electronic options
We offer several electronic ways you can manage your finances, get cash, and make purchases. We encourage you to learn more about these options so you can use them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- Mobile deposit, so you can use your mobile device to deposit checks
- Audio Response Teller (ART)
- Digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Online applications for credit cards, mortgage loans, personal loans, and home equity loans
Your money is safe and insured
You can have complete confidence in Linn Area Credit Union. We remain financially strong, well-managed and have been in operation since 1935.
All deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. government agency. We urge members to resist the temptation to withdraw and store large sums of cash during times of crisis since that is when cash is vulnerable to theft and is not insured. Learn more >>
Check this page often to keep updated
Check back here to find the most current information as it relates to our efforts to protect our members, employees, and our community during this crisis. We continue to monitor the situation daily so that we can be agile in our response. If you are on social media, check our Facebook and Twitter pages as well for timely updates.
Thank you for partnering with us to make sure that we, as a community, do our part to keep COVID-19 at bay. Your health and the health of our employees and families is our greatest concern.