Linn Area Credit Union’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
There is no higher priority for Linn Area Credit Union than the safety of our employees and members, and our ability to serve you. We are monitoring the potential impact related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and are committed to supporting our members through these uncertain events.
Temporary Branch Closing
As part of our staff health safety measures, we instituted a staff branch rotation process which rotates member service teams from a work-at-home service to work in branch service. For precautionary measures, we have temporarily closed the MARION BRANCH to thoroughly sanitize the branch and transition the rotation of teams.
For your convenience, these branch locations are open for drive-up and lobby access:
3015 Blairs Ferry Rd NE • Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
3330 Mt. Vernon Rd SE • Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
3700 Edgewood Rd SW • Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Drive-up Only Access: 619 20th Ave SW • Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
In-branch services resume
On Tuesday, May 26, all Linn Area Credit Union branches will be reopened. (So you can actually come inside as well as use the drive-thru!) We’re doing our part to make the experience as safe as possible for everyone, and we need your help. In order to safely reopen the branches in a manner consistent with health organization guidelines, we have implemented the following measures and precautions:
- Only half of our teller stations will be open at our walk-in branches, and our branches will be open only at 50% occupancy. (We may ask you to wait outside or visit our drive-thru if the lobby is full.)
- We have installed clear barriers at the teller stations and in our high-traffic offices.
- We will continue to have hand sanitizer at each teller station for your use.
- If you need a pen for a transaction, we’ll give you a new pen to use and take with you. (Same as we’ve been doing!)
- We will be disinfecting workstations and equipment between each usage. (We appreciate your patience as we wipe things down!)
- Staff members will be wearing face coverings, and we encourage you to wear one as well.
- We’ve laid out floor decals to help you maintain a proper distance from your fellow members. (So please look for them and stand where indicated!)
- We’ve removed some seating from our waiting areas in each branch to help promote social distancing.
- If you have friends or children with you, we ask that you please consider using the drive-thru.
- The restrooms at the branches will remain closed.
- Coin machines will be unavailable. (So please don’t empty your swear jar!)
- All drive-thru lanes at every branch will continue to be open.
- We’re continuing our heightened cleaning protocols throughout the branches, especially in high-touch areas.
If you feel ill, have cold- or flu-like symptoms, or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you do not visit our branches. We offer many convenient digital options to help you manage your finances.
Early measures that are still ongoing
As part of our emergency response plan, we have taken many measures to protect and support our employees, our members, our families, and our communities, including:
- No longer accepting large coin deposits.
- Closing Business Center areas to the public.
- Cancelling or postponing non-essential meetings or gatherings of our staff.
- Cancelling planned staff business travel to non-essential conferences or meetings.
- Employing social-distancing measures with staff to reduce exposure and equipping staff where possible with equipment and training to work remotely if needed.
- Providing hand sanitizer at each teller station for member’s use.
- Providing new pens to members which they may keep if they are using a pen when conducting transactions at our branches.
- Heightening our internal cleaning protocol to keep our branches as sanitary as possible, especially in high-touch areas.
- Educating all staff on measures for practicing good hygiene as outlined by the CDC.
- Continuing to monitor communications from the CDC and Iowa Dept of Public Health.
- Outlining plans for the continuation of our processes and operations to ensure that Linn Area Credit Union can maintain our critical functions to meet your needs.
CARES Act stimulus payments
On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law. As authorized by the CARES Act, the United States government is sending stimulus payments to individuals to help lessen the impact of the COVID-19 crisis. Learn more about the CARES Act stimulus payments.
Financial assistance for members
To help you through the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently offering support in a variety of ways.
We are offering forbearance (aka payment postponement) options for residential mortgages to assist those struggling with mortgage payment(s). Credit history, specific qualifications, and conditions apply. Please contact our Credit Solutions team at (319) 892-7577 during normal business hours for more details.
If you’re struggling to make your Linn Area Credit Union loan payment(s), please contact our Credit Solutions team at (319) 892-7577 during normal business hours. There are many ways we can help you through this, and we’ll walk you through the options.
Paycheck Protection Program
Small business owners may be able to benefit from assistance through the Paycheck Protection Program of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
Take advantage of our electronic options
We offer several electronic ways you can manage your finances, get cash, and make purchases. We encourage you to learn more about these options so you can use them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- Mobile deposit, so you can use your mobile device to deposit checks
- Audio Response Teller (ART)
- Digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Online applications for credit cards, mortgage loans, personal loans, and home equity loans
Your money is safe and insured
You can have complete confidence in Linn Area Credit Union. We remain financially strong, well-managed and have been in operation since 1935.
All deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. government agency. We urge members to resist the temptation to withdraw and store large sums of cash during times of crisis since that is when cash is vulnerable to theft and is not insured. Learn more >>
Check this page often to keep updated
Check back here to find the most current information as it relates to our efforts to protect our members, employees, and our community during this crisis. We continue to monitor the situation daily so that we can be agile in our response. If you are on social media, check our Facebook and Twitter pages as well for timely updates.
Thank you for partnering with us to make sure that we, as a community, do our part to keep COVID-19 at bay. Your health and the health of our employees and families is our greatest concern.