Linn Area Credit Union’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
There is no higher priority for Linn Area Credit Union than the safety of our employees and members, and our ability to serve you. We are monitoring the potential impact related to COVID-19 and are committed to supporting our members through these uncertain events.
We’re doing our part to make the experience in our branches as safe as possible as our country emerges from the pandemic. In order to operate the branches in a manner consistent with current health organization guidelines, we are continuing the following measures and precautions:
- Clear barriers at the teller stations and in our high-traffic offices.
- Hand sanitizer at each teller station for your use.
- Decals on the floor to assist with social distancing.
- More space between seating in our waiting areas to help promote social distancing.
- Heightened cleaning protocols throughout the branches, especially in high-touch areas.
- If you need a pen for a transaction, we’ll give you a new pen to use and take with you.
- All drive-thru lanes at every branch will be open.
If you feel ill, have cold- or flu-like symptoms, or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you do not visit our branches. We offer many convenient digital options to help you manage your finances.
Early measures that are still ongoing
As part of our emergency response plan, we have taken many measures to protect and support our employees, our members, our families, and our communities, including:
- Closing Business Center areas to the public.
- Cancelling planned staff business travel to non-essential conferences or meetings.
- Employing social-distancing measures with staff to reduce exposure.
- Providing hand sanitizer at each teller station for member’s use.
- Providing new pens to members which they may keep if they are using a pen when conducting transactions at our branches.
- Heightening our internal cleaning protocol to keep our branches as sanitary as possible, especially in high-touch areas.
- Educating all staff on measures for practicing good hygiene as outlined by the CDC.
- Continuing to monitor communications from the CDC and Iowa Dept of Public Health.
- Outlining plans for the continuation of our processes and operations to ensure that Linn Area Credit Union can maintain our critical functions to meet your needs.
Financial assistance for members
To help you through the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently offering support in a variety of ways.
We are offering forbearance (aka payment postponement) options for residential mortgages to assist those struggling with mortgage payment(s). Credit history, specific qualifications, and conditions apply. Please contact our Credit Solutions team at (319) 892-7577 during normal business hours for more details.
If you’re struggling to make your Linn Area Credit Union loan payment(s), please contact our Credit Solutions team at (319) 892-7577 during normal business hours. There are many ways we can help you through this, and we’ll walk you through the options.
Take advantage of our electronic options
We offer several electronic ways you can manage your finances, get cash, and make purchases. We encourage you to learn more about these options so you can use them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- Mobile deposit, so you can use your mobile device to deposit checks
- Audio Response Teller (ART)
- Digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Online applications for credit cards, mortgage loans, personal loans, and home equity loans
Your money is safe and insured
You can have complete confidence in Linn Area Credit Union. We remain financially strong, well-managed and have been in operation since 1935.
All deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. government agency. We urge members to resist the temptation to withdraw and store large sums of cash during times of crisis since that is when cash is vulnerable to theft and is not insured. Learn more >>
Check this page often to keep updated
Check back here to find the most current information as it relates to our efforts to protect our members, employees, and our community during this crisis. We continue to monitor the situation daily so that we can be agile in our response. If you are on social media, check our Facebook and Twitter pages as well for timely updates.
Thank you for partnering with us to make sure that we, as a community, do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. Your health and the health of our employees and families is our greatest concern.