A must-have with every checking account.
These days, it’s all about the plastic. For a list of Linn Area Credit Union-owned (meaning free) ATMs, click here. You can also click on our network logo (MoneyPass) to find surcharge-free ATM machines all over the country.
- Works like an ATM Card – Use it at an ATM to make deposits or withdrawals. You can also use it at a retailer and enter your PIN (this is called a PIN-based transaction).
- Accepted like a Credit Card – You can use your debit card worldwide, anywhere Visa is accepted. You can sign for your purchase like a credit card, yet the money will still come out of your checking account (this is called a signature-based transaction).
- Protection from unauthorized expenses –You are protected from unauthorized purchases made with a lost or stolen debit card in any signature-based or online transaction.
- Make online or over-the-phone payments – You can make purchases online or over-the-phone using your Linn Area Visa debit card number. Your purchase amount will be deducted from your checking account.
- Get up to 6 free ATM withdrawals from checking plus 6 from savings each month (additional withdrawals are 50 cents each, plus tax). Unlimited free use at gas pumps and retailers.
All of our checking accounts come with a Visa debit card. If you do not have one and want one, please contact us.
NOTE: Due to an increase in international fraud, Linn Area Credit Union has blocked all debit card transactions from foreign countries. If you want to purchase something internationally using your debit card – or if you will be traveling to a foreign country – please give us a call.
Linn Area Credit Union’s ATM card is available to members with only a savings account or to those who may not qualify for a debit card. It gives you access to cash from your account(s) and transactions are free at machines with the MoneyPass logo shown above.
Each month our members get 6 free ATM withdrawals from checking plus 6 from savings (additional withdrawals are 50 cents each, plus tax).
If your Debit Card or ATM Card is lost or stolen
If either of these cards are stolen or compromised, call us immediately at (319)378-0101 x 0. We’ll help you get a new card and pick a different PIN. If it’s after hours, call (800) 554-8969. In the case of theft, be sure to alert the local authorities.
If you need to replace your debit or ATM card
Re-order a card right here. There is a $5.00 replacement fee, per card.