You know how at the end of fireworks shows, they have the grand finale? It’s jammed full of pop, sizzle and BAM! Well this is our grand finale to our credit score series! It’s the thing that everyone has been waiting for…
10 Ways to Improve Your Credit Score (and some of them you can start doing immediately):
- Pay your bills on time – EVERY time.
- Open a credit card if you don’t have one. Time to start building that GOOD credit!
- Don’t open accounts you don’t intend to use. Even if it will get you 10% off your purchase that day!
- Add an installment loan from Linn Area Credit Union to your credit mix.
- Request a higher limit on the credit cards you carry a balance on.
- Keep your balance low in relation to your available credit. We suggest that you never carry a balance that exceeds 30% of your available credit.
- Order a copy of your credit report and correct any negative errors. Go to www.AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Don’t close unused accounts in good standing.
- Don’t open several new accounts in a short period.
- Work with us to boost your credit score!
Come on in to any full-service Linn Area Credit Union and talk with a financial counselor. Together, we can determine how to give your score a lift and see if we can save you money in the meantime.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments!