You know you want to buy a car and you really, really want the process to be smooth. You decide to get preapproved by your favorite financial institution (Linn Area Credit Union, of course).
The bonus of getting preapproved prior to heading to the lot is really just the added confidence that you are buying within your means without any pressure. When you are preapproved for a car loan through Linn Area Credit Union, that means you can spend up to an agreed upon amount on that purchase.
So you don’t buy this:
when you really can only afford this:
So you’ve been preapproved for a loan – CONGRATULATIONS! After your ears stop ringing from all the blow horns and kazoos, here is how it all shakes out once you go to buy your car:
- You go to the car lot. (Well, hello, Captain Obvious.)
- Pick out that fabulous new or new-to-you car.
- When it comes time to talk about financing, let them know that you have already been preapproved through your besties at LACU.
- Most dealers will be able to create your LACU paperwork on site, which will be uber convenient and save you time!
- Drive away in that fab car.
Of course, you can always get financed at the dealership – just make sure to let them know you’re one of our fabulous members and that you’d like to finance through us.