Even the plain comes with supreme toppings.
We know you want lots of tasty extras when you have a checking account. (And you’ll get ’em!) When you’re ready to apply for one of our checking accounts, here’s what you need to know.
If you’re not currently a member, you’ll need to deposit at least $5 in a savings account (so that you have an ownership share of the credit union!) before you apply for your checking account. Also, even though there’s no minimum balance with our checking accounts, you’ll need to kick in $50 to get one started. (Cash or check is fine.)
- Valid driver’s license or state-issued ID. (Expired ID = no dice.)
- Proof of current address. If the address on your ID is not accurate, please bring in a pay stub or utility bill. (Sorry, letters from Grandma don’t count.)
- Social Security number. (If you are under 18 or don’t have established credit, we’ll need the government-issued Social Security card itself, not just the number.)
- At least $5 to deposit into a savings account.
- At least $50 to deposit into a checking account.
Each person on the account needs to have their own stuff. So if you and your husband will be on a joint account, we’ll need a valid ID for each one of you. (Makes sense, right?)
If you’re already a member and would like to add a checking account, you don’t need any of that. Just contact us, and we’ll get you set up right away!
We offer three different types of free checking accounts and all are, dare we say, awesome. Let’s find the right one for you, shall we?
A must-have with every checking account. It can be used world-wide yet comes right out of your checking account.
Except for accountants and millionaires, we’re guessing everyone has had their checking account go negative before. These are your options should this happen to you.
Moving a checking account used to be a royal pain in the patootie. Not anymore! ClickSWITCH makes switching financial institutions a whole lot easier… leaving you more time for the important stuff!
Have your paycheck deposited into your Linn Area account(s) automatically. Here are the hows and whys.
Easily order your checks online from the comfort of home or (*cough*) work. Shhhhh.
Not something a company likes to boast about – unless you’re comparing ours to those at most other financial institutions. Our fees are fewer and the dollar amounts are lower.
Looking for the Check Stop Payment Form? It’s right here!