It’s all about the plastic.
Hardly anyone can get by without plastic these days! That’s why all of our checking accounts come with a Visa debit card. (If you don’t have one and want one, please contact us.)
Each month our members get 10 free ATM withdrawals from checking plus 10 from savings. (Additional withdrawals are 50 cents each, plus tax.)
Looking for an ATM? There are Linn Area Credit Union-owned (meaning free!) drive-up ATMs available at all of our locations. The MoneyPass ATM Locator will direct you to thousands of additional machines available in the area and across the country that are surcharge-free for our members – just look for the MoneyPass network logo.
- Works like an ATM card – Use it at an ATM to make deposits or withdrawals. You can also use it at a retailer and enter your PIN (this is called a PIN-based transaction).
- Accepted like a credit card – You can use your debit card worldwide, anywhere Visa is accepted. You can sign for your purchase like a credit card, yet the money will still come out of your checking account (this is called a signature-based transaction).
- Protection from unauthorized expenses – In most situations, you are protected from unauthorized purchases made with a lost or stolen debit card.
- Make online or over-the-phone payments – You can make purchases online or over-the-phone using your Linn Area Visa debit card number. Your purchase amount will be deducted from your checking account.
- Get up to 10 free ATM withdrawals from checking plus 10 from savings each month. (Additional withdrawals are 50 cents each, plus tax.) Unlimited free use at gas pumps and retailers.
NOTE: Due to an increase in international fraud, Linn Area Credit Union has blocked debit card transactions from many foreign countries. If you want to purchase something internationally using your debit card – or if you will be traveling to a foreign country – please give us a call so we can temporarily unblock your card.
Linn Area Credit Union’s ATM card is available to members with only a savings account or to those who may not qualify for a debit card. It gives you access to cash from your account(s) and transactions are free at MoneyPass ATMs.
If your debit card or ATM card is lost or stolen
If either of these cards are stolen or compromised, call us immediately at (319) 892-7300. If it’s after hours, call (833) 851-5397. In the case of theft, be sure to alert the local authorities as well.
If you need to replace your debit card or ATM card
It’s easy to get a replacement card! Just contact us in whichever way is most convenient for you or stop by one of our walk-in branches. (We’d love to see you!) There is a $10 replacement fee, per card.
If you need to reset your PIN
If you’ve forgotten your PIN, or if it’s just time for a change, you can reset your PIN by calling (833) 285-1743 anytime day or night. (Yep. 24/7.)
Fraud Alerts Program Overview
Messaging frequency depends on account activity. For more information, text HELP to 32874. To cancel fraud text messaging services at any time, reply STOP to any alert from your mobile device.
For Fraud Alerts support, call 800-950-5228. By giving us your mobile number, you agree that Fraud Alerts text messaging is authorized to notify you of suspected incidents of financial or identity fraud.
HELP instructions: Text HELP to 32874 for help or call 800-950-5228.
STOP instructions: Text STOP to 32874 to cancel messages.
Release of Liability: Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in the range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within coverage, factors beyond the control of any carrier may interfere with messages delivery for which the carrier is not responsible. No carrier will guarantee that alerts will be delivered.
Linn Area Credit Union Contact Information
319-892-7300 or 800-950-5228