It’s all about the plastic.
Looking for an ATM? There are Linn Area Credit Union-owned (meaning free!) drive-up ATMs available at each of our locations. The MoneyPass ATM Locator will direct you to thousands of additional machines available in the area and across the country that are surcharge-free for our members – just look for the MoneyPass network logo.
- Works like an ATM card – Use it at an ATM to make deposits or withdrawals. You can also use it at a retailer and enter your PIN (this is called a PIN-based transaction).
- Accepted like a credit card – You can use your debit card worldwide, anywhere Visa is accepted. You can sign for your purchase like a credit card, yet the money will still come out of your checking account (this is called a signature-based transaction).
- Protection from unauthorized expenses – In most situations, you are protected from unauthorized purchases made with a lost or stolen debit card.
- Make online or over-the-phone payments – You can make purchases online or over-the-phone using your Linn Area Visa debit card number. Your purchase amount will be deducted from your checking account.
- Get up to six (6) free ATM withdrawals from checking plus six (6) from savings each month. (Additional withdrawals are 50 cents each, plus tax.) Unlimited free use at gas pumps and retailers.
NOTE: Due to an increase in international fraud, Linn Area Credit Union has blocked debit card transactions from many foreign countries. If you want to purchase something internationally using your debit card – or if you will be traveling to a foreign country – please give us a call so we can temporarily unblock your card.
Linn Area Credit Union’s ATM card is available to members with only a savings account or to those who may not qualify for a debit card. It gives you access to cash from your account(s) and transactions are free at MoneyPass ATMs.
If your debit card or ATM card is lost or stolen
If either of these cards are stolen or compromised, call us immediately at (319) 892-7300. If it’s after hours, call (800) 554-8969. In the case of theft, be sure to alert the local authorities as well.
If you need to replace your debit card or ATM card
It’s easy to re-order a card. There is a $10 replacement fee, per card. (So if you’ve been using your card as a screwdriver, you maaaay want to rethink that.)
If you need to reset your PIN
If you’ve forgotten your PIN, or if it’s just time for a change, you can reset your PIN by calling 1-800-567-3451 anytime day or night. (Yep. 24/7.)