Waaaaaay better than a back pocket.
Tuck away your money in a savings account that’ll make you as happy as fitting into your skinny jeans. Our savings accounts offer built-in ways to save, freebies, and dividends. (Hey, that’s money back in your pocket!)
Choose the account that suits you, and when you’re ready to apply, be sure to have these items on hand. If you need some help to figure out which account will work best for you, let us know and we’ll be happy to help! (Knowing our rates maaaaay be important.)
For higher yield savings that are readily available for withdrawals without penalty, open a money market account with a minimum of $1,000. Interest is tiered at levels of $1,000, $10,000, $50,000, $100,000 and $250,000. Withdrawals are limited to three per month with a minimum withdrawal amount of $100.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-exempt account where you can put money for medical expenses for you, your spouse and your dependents. These funds can be used to pay for or reimburse you for qualified medical expenses.
Kirby Kangaroo Club
For credit union kids up to age 12. You can open a Kirby account for a special whippersnapper in your life with as little as $5 and the child’s social security card. Each Kirby Kid will receive a free Kirby Club gift at account opening. The club mascot, Kirby Kangaroo, hosts a variety of activities for club members including a Kirby Fun Day in the summer, an Easter coloring contest in the spring and a special holiday gift in the winter.
For our members 50 years of age or better who maintain at least one of the following relationships:
- Keep savings balances of over $5,000 on deposit at Linn Area Credit Union
- Have retirement income directly deposited to the credit union
- Have a paycheck or income directly deposited
Prime Time members receive the following FREE money-saving benefits:
- Two free boxes of checks each calendar year (After that, they’re half price.)
- Free money orders
- Free cashier’s checks
- Free photocopies (limit 3 per day)
Save for the holidays year-round with this account.
- No minimum balance required.
- The Christmas Club runs from November 1 to October 31 each year.
- Christmas Club balances will automatically be transferred to your savings account in early November each year.